Smartbond is a new technology that revolutionizes the strength of your hair after you have a colour service.
Smartbond works by strengthening your hair as you colour it. A Smartbond additive is added to your colour when in salon to help prevent further damage to your hair.
The hair fiber and cortex is made up of Keratin chains and these are linked by bonds. The point of Smartbond is to strengthen these bonds to improve the quality, feel and look of the hair.
Why do I need it?
By colouring the hair without Smartbond you risk:
1. Damage by extensive colouring or lightening the hair.
2. Bonds in the hair becoming weak from oxidation.
3. Bonds in the hair can't reform because the ions have been damaged.
Great news is, Smartbond addresses these problems! It works to:
1. Target weaker parts of the hair bond to strengthen and limit stress to keep the bond in tact.
2. Improve the overall finish of your hair colour as this will take more evenly.
3. Reconstruct the weak ion bonds to reverse the feel of damaged hair.
We highly recommend for clients who have bleach or lightened hair. Not only will it maintain good condition but it will strengthen the hair also.
Does it affect my colour?
No, Smartbond adapts to colour products without affecting the lift or tone at all.
How does it work?
Smartbond is added to your colour when mixed and applied as normal. This colour is processed for the usual time. When the colour is ready to come off the hair is rinsed without shampoo and towel dried. Smartbond is applied as a pre-shampoo all over and left on for 10 minutes. This is then rinsed and shampoo and conditioner is applied as normal.
How much does it cost?
It is an additional cost, from £25 on top of your colour service. You will then need to buy the conditioner to use once a week to keep this up.
Use the Smartbond conditioner once a week to protect the bonds at home. If this is missed the hair will revert back to original condition before Smartbond. The conditioner can be bought in salon for £16.50.